PDA

View Full Version : Does Immunisation apply to other user accounts too?

Cavalier1888
2009-02-02, 20:57
Does Immunisation apply to other user accounts too?

Or does it only apply to the admin account that the program is run on?

If so, is there any way to get it to immunise other user accounts too? It's not really the admin account that needs the most protection I feel. The standard account are usually used by novices and so I hope there is a way to immunise their browsers too.
I'm running Vista by the way.

drragostea
2009-02-03, 03:11
In the Administrator column, you'll be able to apply Immunization for all user accounts on the machine.

Cavalier1888
2009-02-03, 15:37
In the Administrator column, you'll be able to apply Immunization for all user accounts on the machine.

I don't understand what you mean by "Administrator column". You mean by switching to advanced mode?

I've tried this but when I go into "Spybot S&D" -> "Immunize" there is still only my browser profiles listed and not any others.

There was one time I saw another user accounts browser profiles listed and I can't remember what I did to make it appear. Also it was only the browser profiles of 1 out of a total of 3 standard accounts. I want to be able to immunise all three.

Could you walk me through the steps necessary to get the other accounts immunised? I'd really appreciate it. I've been wondering for a long time how to do this.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-03, 16:21
Cavalier1888:

With Windows Vista you may have to run Spybot with elevated administrator rights to fully immunize. See:
How can I get Administrator rights under Windows Vista?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=42

Cavalier1888
2009-02-03, 22:38
Cavalier1888:

With Windows Vista you may have to run Spybot with elevated administrator rights to fully immunize. See:
How can I get Administrator rights under Windows Vista?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=42

Yeah I'm running it with admin rights. I think it's still only immunising the admin accounts browsers and not the standard account ones.

drragostea
2009-02-04, 00:24
If there are other accounts in the machine, Spybot will detect them. You can Immunize all of them if all the boxes in the Immunize tab are ticked.

PepiMK
2009-02-04, 01:22
Hmmm... if its a machine with Terminal Services or the remote thing enabled, user hiven might not get loaded automatically. In that case you'll have to run Spybot with /userhives or /allhives to see he other users registry hives and immunize them. Better use 1.6.2 for this, 1.6 might not allow logon of those users while Spybot is open - 1.6.2 uses a more compatible loaded hive name.