PDA

View Full Version : spybot crashes

Surfboy 2.0
2009-02-03, 03:19
Hello,

I recently downloaded and installed spybot on my new computer and when i go to scan it gets about 1/3 of the way through and crashes the computer showing the blue screen of death. In the BSOD it lists a lbd.sys as causing a problem...I have a RelevantKnowledge infection so i need spybot to fix it for me and stop these stupid popups and such. My question is why is Spybot crashing and what does lbd.sys have to do with it and how do i fix it? (yes i know that is actually 2 questions) after reading through the forums i can assure you my cpu/heat sink is not the problem...my tower has 5 fans active...anyways all help is appreciated thanks

CompuFreak
2009-02-11, 18:01
lbd.sys is a part of Lavasoft AdAware. SpyBot is not compatible with newer versions of AdAware. I just had this same issue earlier in the week, and the shutting down all of AdAware's background scanning resolved it.

Simply right-click on the AdAware icon in the lower right-hand corner by the clock and close/exit it. This should disable any of the background scanning and allow you to run SpyBot without the BSOD.