PDA

View Full Version : NO Beep on Ctrl-c (Copy Command)

Thailand_for_YOU
2006-05-18, 08:32
I am not sure where to put this post. Yet, I am awre that there are many knowledgeable folks on this forum, so it goes...

Just recently I've assembled my new system:
--
OS - Win XP Pro SP2 and IE v.6
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000MHz
MB - ASUS A8N-SLi Premium w/(2x1024) 2GB Corsair DDR 400MHz
HDD - 300GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 16MB SATA-II NCQ
VGA - ASUS eXtreme Nvidia GeForce N6600GT 128MB DDR3
PSU - CoolerMaster Real Power 550W
Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 532
--

My problem is the lack of a beep sound when I make a copy with the Ctrl-c (combination on my keyboard). It is probably related to the clipboard. I have tried (installed and then uninstalled) many clipboard enhancement programs.
Currently, I'm running a Clipboard Magic just to enable the beep (I don't actually need this program :crowned: ), refer to the F.A.Q. at: http://www.cybermatrix.com/cmhelp.html

Q. I have set the beep on copy but it never beeps when I copy text. Why?

A. Assuming the volume in your speakers is turned up, try checking to make sure that the beep sound is defined. In Control Panel / Sounds / Check Sound Scheme, make sure the Default Beep is defined. e.g. "Windows XP Ding.wav"

Any advice on how to enable a beep on Ctrl-c without using the Clipboard Magic would be much appreciated (I'm using a much better clipboard utility called "CoodClip" :bigthumb: ). And BTW, my system makes a lot of beeps on a variety of other actions.

Ya Disgruntled Neighbour
2006-05-18, 09:26
Start > Run > accwiz.exe

It's in there somewhere I think.

It's a windows feature.

Thailand_for_YOU
2006-05-18, 14:41
No, it isn't there. At least, I can't find any relevant setting in the accessibility wizard.
I do think that the problem is somehow related to the clipboard. I'm not sure if it is possible to reinstall it.

Ya Disgruntled Neighbour
2006-05-19, 18:37
it is there, I checked last night.. make sure you tick all the boxes and read carefully

Thailand_for_YOU
2006-05-20, 08:31
Ya Disgruntled Neighbour,

It would be really helpful if you can point out the exact setting that affect the sound (beep) on Ctrl-C.
I have tried the accessibility wizard several times, and didn't find any relevant setting.

Thank you.