PDA

View Full Version : Secure Shredder does not recognise Firefox cache

Heart
2009-02-03, 23:44
Hi,

Starting with version 1.6.2, Secure Shredder does not recognise Firefox cache via the template feature. It works for, IE cache/cookies and temp files however.

What doesn't work:

When I go to the template and select Firefox cache the cache files do not show in the list. It's a blank window.

Heart
2009-02-07, 08:01
Bump...

Matt
2009-02-07, 13:29
When I go to the template and select Firefox cache the cache files do not show in the list. It's a blank window.

Hi Heart,

I guess that you're talking about Firefox 3. :) Is there the possibility that the cache will be cleaned automatically on your pc when Firefox is closed? Please open Firefox, go to -> tools -> settings -> privacy and check this.

Moreover, please don't bump any thread here. Your thread will be closed at the latest if you do this a few times. Thank you. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-

Heart
2009-02-07, 17:20
Hi -Matt-,

No, I don't have Firefox set to clear my cache when I close the program. I run four different profiles of Firefox one of which is a Minefield test build and all show the cache being stored via about:cache -- even after closing and reopening Firefox.

I used the secure shredder on a regular basis with the previous version of Spybot (1.6.0.)? and it just stopped working with the newest update.

Thanks for the information on bumping threads.

Oh, and yes, I am using Firefox 3 for the Firefox versions.

PepiMK
2009-02-09, 14:02
The "difficulty" with the cache is tat it is in the local appdata folder, not the roaming one. This was dealt with properly until recently, where I think with support for Portable Firefox (where the cache is in a different location), it might stop too early in detection.

If found and fixed a problem and its working again here now :)
Might add a beta release to the download page ower the next days.

Heart
2009-02-10, 02:40
Great! Thanks, PepiMK!

PepiMK
2009-02-11, 10:43
Link to download (http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=47) :)

Heart
2009-02-18, 01:03
Sorry for the delayed responsed, PepiMK.

Your fix worked. Thank you.