PDA

View Full Version : program will not run for me!

mamapeep
2009-02-06, 04:08
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
I downloaded the program without errors but when I double click the icon on my desktop or rightclick and try to open nothing happens. What can I do or is my computer that blocked up w/ viruses that are preventing it from running? TIA Jessica

Zenobia
2009-02-06, 04:31
Could you try this?
Go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.In there you should see a randomly named file,with a scr. extension,for example,it should be named something like this:JDHTWFVZBMWHASPQKQ.scr.It will be the one without the lock showing on the front of the icon.
Try doubleclicking that,then come back and let me know if Spybot will run.

Matt
2009-02-06, 13:27
Could you try this?
Go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.In there you should see a randomly named file,with a scr. extension,for example,it should be named something like this:JDHTWFVZBMWHASPQKQ.scr.It will be the one without the lock showing on the front of the icon.
Try doubleclicking that,then come back and let me know if Spybot will run.

Hi mamapeep,

if this doesn't work, I suggest to open a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22). It looks like Malware that is blocking Spybot.

Best regards,
-Matt-

mamapeep
2009-02-06, 13:40
Zenobia - Thanks but there is no file w/ that extension in the Spybot folder so I could not try that.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-06, 13:47
mamapeep:

Starting with Spybot 1.5.2 some of Spybot's executables are hidden as protected operating system files. To see them:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
Under the "Hidden files and folders" options:
Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.
Not "Do not show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the following option:
Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
Click the Apply button.
Click the OK button.
The files should now be displayed
The randomly named .scr file should be the same size as the SpybotSD.exe file.

Note: If you uncheck the "Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)" option to view Spybot's executables, I suggest that you return the option to its original setting when you are done.