PDA

View Full Version : Question about red and blue shields

Alann1
2009-02-08, 03:15
Hi,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of Spybot's different functions, but I'm confused about something. My understanding is that the immunize feature has to do with internet protections and it's placed under the blue and white shield. Additionally there's a red and white shield under which two functions are located, one a feature which offers internet protection (sd helper) and the other a feature which protects the registry (teatimer).

Is there a reason why the internet protection has to be split up to fall under both shield buttons? Why isn't all of the browser protection under one shield and the registry protection under the other shield?

Having the symbols so similar while splitting the organization of the functions in this way leads to some confusion when users ask questions about Spybot's internet or browser protections or simply want to know what the difference is between the red and the blue shield.

Thanks.
Alann1

drragostea
2009-02-08, 04:18
It's not really that confusing, because it's just icons. It's what the texts and functions that matter. I would suggest you read this thread first:
How does Spybot-SD Prevent the Installation of Malware/Spyware (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281)

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-08, 05:30
Alann1:

They are split the way they are because immunization is a passive protection whereas SDHelper and TeaTimer are active protections.

Alann1
2009-02-24, 15:32
Alann1:

They are split the way they are because immunization is a passive protection whereas SDHelper and TeaTimer are active protections.

Thanks md usa spybot fan

When you mention that immunization is passive, while SDHelper and TeaTimer are active, do you mean that immunization has no capacity to act, but is rather a preventative tool, while both SDHelper and TeaTimer actually act on the computer?

If that is the case, I wonder if it might be clearer to have the passive protection represented by a shield and the active protection by a sword? As it is, the reason for there being internet protection in two different places is not obvious.
:)
Thanks.
Alann1