PDA

View Full Version : As Intended: False Positives in Bookmarks

Gluten79
2009-02-08, 23:05
It looks like SpyBot really has some problems with false positives.

It flagged anything with "merijn" in it and "www.spywareinfo.com" in my bookmarks as "TrafficZ"

No explanation available. Fortunately I saw the post here about SB destroying bookmarks files. And I "unchecked" those findings.

But what gives? Weren't these two entities were among the group of useful and darn good help sites back in the days of CastleCops. read before Ladanski destroyed CastleCops over Christmas. but that's another story.

In any case there needs to be some explanation both now and in the program when something is flagged which used to be good.

tashi
2009-02-09, 01:53
Hello Gluten79,

Please see these topics:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=43973
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=44116

Best regards. :)

Gluten79
2009-02-09, 07:50
tashi,

thanks for your reply.

I suggest that it would have been a good idea for SB to put something in the "additional info" section?? Sure would have saved me some time. And from teh other three thread would have helped others too.

next question: given the post immediately before mine that talked about blown away bookmarks files, is it safe toi have SB delete a bookmark? Or should I just do it manually.

Also btw the merijn site (part of what my flagged bookmarks pointed to) seems to be hosted at what ever remains of CastleCops "merijn.castlecops.com" And looked to be its old self... or did it fool me?

Gluten79

PepiMK
2009-02-09, 09:27
We don't upload the description file every week. Will have links right into the removal guide part of the forum in 2.0 to have more live links :)

Gluten79
2009-02-09, 17:49
PepiMK,

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like a nice addition for ver 2. The links will probably save some bandwidth over including them each week.

So should I let SB remove those bookmarks? Or do it manually?

And any info on the merijn site as relocated?

Is there now a good place to look for info on bad and potentially bad sites?

Gluten79