PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.2 searches but does not fix problems

Tucats
2009-02-10, 00:06
I have always used spybot and I love it. Recently I updated to v 1.6.2 and when I ran my first scan (36minutes) it found 39 problems (none of them serious) mostly cookies. When I try and select Fix problems the tab turns blue but nothing else happens. My hour clock (busy) shows and stays forever. If I try to select anything else then Spybot stops responding. I have deleted and downloaded many times, same results. I even removed Ad-Aware thinking maybe a compatibility problem. Still freezes the program when Fix Problems is selected. Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks for any help. Cheers... Tucats

Matt
2009-02-10, 14:48
Hi Tucats,

1)
Which operating system are you using? If you use Vista, you have to run Spybot as Adminstrator. Therefore, right-click on the desktop-icon and choose "Run/Start as administrator"... but I think that won't help you...

2)
Moreover, there could be the possibility that Malware blocks Spybot. Can you scan your computer again and add a Spybot report here?
After your scan, right-click and choose Safe results to file. Add this log with your next post.

Best regards, ;)
-Matt-

tashi
2009-02-10, 16:51
Hi there,

If producing a log please zip and attach to the post, Spybot logs can be very long. ;)

Other applications have produced the same results you describe. What other security programs are installed.

Best regards.