PDA

View Full Version : Opening PDF Files

s76640
2009-02-13, 12:42
In the past, I was able to double-click on PDF files in e-mails and open the files right away. Now I'm using Adobe Reader 9.0 and, when I double-click on those files, Spybot pops up a box saying it's scanning those files. It seems to scan twice and then I have to close the box. But the PDF file won't open. If I double-click it again, Spybot scans it again.

How can I simply open PDF files that are in e-mails without invoking Spybot.

Thanks.

Steve

Tom.K
2009-02-13, 13:38
There should be an option for assoication in Adobe Reader 9.0.
If not, then select PDF file, right-click, select "Open" or "Open With...". If Open With... shows a new menu, check is there Adobe Reader available. If it is, then select it. If it isn't, then select "Choose program...". Select check button "Select a program from the list" and click OK. Look at the list and select Adobe Reader (if there is). If you haven't found it, then click on "Browse..." button and look for it manually (It should be somewhere in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader\9.0) and finally, select checkbox "Always use this program for this extension" (something like that) and click OK. Note that you should open some kind of PDF file from drive (not e-mail) first.

s76640
2009-02-13, 13:43
Thanks very much, Tom. I'll try that. Also, following your advice, I'll assign a place for those PDFs to be saved and I'll open them from there.

Steve