PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.2 immunization question

Stygimoloch
2009-02-13, 18:45
When I downloaded the new version of spybot 1.6.2, It stated that was supposed to have support for Google Chrome, however, when I go to immunize, I don't see chrome (my main browser) listed. It doesn't seem to have changed the immunization database at all. Any suggestions?

Matt
2009-02-13, 19:40
When I downloaded the new version of spybot 1.6.2, It stated that was supposed to have support for Google Chrome, however, when I go to immunize, I don't see chrome (my main browser) listed. It doesn't seem to have changed the immunization database at all. Any suggestions?

Hi Stygimoloch,

welcome to Safer Networking Forums. :)

Did you un-install the old version before you install the new one or did you get it from the updater?

Were all your brothers closed when you go to immunize it?

Can you tell me the file path of Chrome?

Which version of Chrome do you use?

Best regards,
-Matt-

Tom.K
2009-02-13, 19:41
Which version of Google Chrome do you have?
Have you updated Spybot-S&D?

Stygimoloch
2009-02-14, 07:37
i'll try to un install re install spybot, and the version of chrome i'm using is: The latest version, 1.0.154.48.

Stygimoloch
2009-02-14, 08:04
uninstlal, reinstall does not work. same issue.

all browsers were closed,

file path to Chrome is in the prefetch folder for some reason. O_o

Tom.K
2009-02-14, 19:43
Prefetch folder contains only *.pf cache files for preformance improvment.
Path of Google Chrome should be C:\Program Files\Google\ (maybe) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users (or your name)\Google.

Have you tried re-installing Google Chrome?

Stygimoloch
2009-02-14, 20:51
well not yet...i'm hesitant to do that as i don't know if I'll lose my bookmarks for it or not.

And I looked in both those places, and I couldn't seem to find its folder for whatever reason.

Plomos
2009-02-14, 21:25
Right click on the Google Chrome icon that you have on your desktop and go to properties. Then look at the target line and it should tell you where it is located.

Stygimoloch
2009-02-16, 09:00
I:\Documents and Settings\Liore\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

There it is, and i tried uninstalling and re installing chrome and it doesn't seem to have affected Spybot.

I'm getting really frustrated because now I'm suddenly getting infections that I never had before when I scan.

spybotsandra
2009-02-16, 11:36
Hello,

I am sorry, but Chrome is only being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
It is a very new browser and chrome itself does not offer any interface for immunizing yet.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Stygimoloch
2009-02-18, 08:14
But the update states it's supposed to have immunization support for chrome :O Unless I read it wrong..

spybotsandra
2009-02-18, 13:43
Hello,

It says it supports chrome in detecting cookies and fixing them, but not in immunizing.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot