PDA

View Full Version : TCPIPAddress.dll Error While Updating to v. 1.6.2

lmacri
2009-02-14, 00:30
I was trying to run an automated update to Spybot S&D v. 1.6.2 using the S & D updater application and received an error message that the file TCPIPAddress.dll (C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins\TCPIPAddress.dll) could not be overwritten. I chose to abort the installation and the software was rolled all the way back to the root v. 1.6.0.30 installation (i.e. it looks like I lost all the incremental updates I’ve installed since September 2008).

Is there a solution to this problem, other than uninstalling v. 1.6.0 first, downloading the v. 1.6.2 executable from your website, and then trying a fresh installation? I checked the attributes of the TCPIPAddress.dll file and it was not marked as read only. I was connected to the Internet while the installation wizard was running.

spybotsandra
2009-02-16, 11:59
Hello,

I am sorry, but i would suggest to uninstall the old version now and make a fresh install of the new version 1.6.2.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

speles
2009-02-21, 03:59
Hello,

I am sorry, but i would suggest to uninstall the old version now and make a fresh install of the new version 1.6.2.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

This is not very helpful. I just (2/20/2009) tried the "new version" and the same thing happened to me.

Matt
2009-02-21, 15:24
Hi,

please un-install Spybot 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 completely from your computer. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46. That works. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-

speles
2009-02-21, 18:20
Hi,

please un-install Spybot 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 completely from your computer. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46. That works. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-

Your stress on the word "completely" suggests there might be more to this than an ordinary uninstall. Can you point me toward some directions on how to uninstall Spybot? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Steve

Matt
2009-02-21, 18:47
Hey,

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

That is what I mean with "complete". ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-