PDA

View Full Version : D/L of 1.60.3 and now this?

Shroomster
2009-02-14, 07:47
Hi, I just d/l S&D 1.60.3 and went through the process fine rebooted and everything.

I noticed as I was getting up to leave that my nightly Bit-defender scan was about to start @ 2:00:00am.

All of a sudden a S&D allow/deny window pops up (2:00:01) and the computer goes blank and reboots

I think nothing of it until I try to run a manual scan of the computer using bit-defender. i walk away and come back in a few hours later and the scan was aborted as well only this time it was allowed to scan about 2 minutes. (computer had been re-booted the same as before I had to look this up in the scan log)

The older version of S&D never interfered with the Bitdefender scans...
(only thing was I had to allow program/registry changes once per program)

any one have any ideas?

Shroomster
2009-02-16, 18:01
BUMP...no one else has this type of problem? Spy bot interfering with Bit defender scan?

Tom.K
2009-02-16, 20:54
Maybe you should tick the checkbox "Remember this decision." before allowing/denying.
If you still have this problem, can you get some information from that popup?

drragostea
2009-02-17, 02:12
Maybe you should tick the checkbox "Remember this decision." before allowing/denying.
Don't think that may be a good idea Tom K.
-
Can you bring up a log from TeaTimer (I think we can see what happened and whether that prompt was Allowed or Denied)?

Shroomster
2009-02-18, 18:15
sorry about late reply....I'll see if I can get info from tonight's scan, the computer has been off the past week or so at night.

2009-02-18, 18:46
in addition to what drragostea said, do you remember what type of change teatimer was asking about? Have you tried this setup on another computer? Does spybot interfere with the bit defender scans there? I would test it, but i am currently testing out other things at the moment. Can anyone test and confirm this?

PS: Please do not bump your threads. That makes it look like someone else is already helping you; thus taking longer for a response. :bigthumb:

Shroomster
2009-02-19, 07:53
the item it asked about before I could get to accept or deny was something "msc..." short 5-8 letters.

Shroomster
2009-02-19, 17:08
well bit defernder scan ran w/o problems....

however I do have a question, I now have 30+ spy bot files.... of which bit defender says it cannot scan....

are these files needed? or are they old versions?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Missinghelpfile.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Missinghelpfile.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Missinghelpfile1.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Missinghelpfile1.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MissingsharedDLL.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MissingsharedDLL.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MissingsharedDLL1.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MissingsharedDLL1.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath1.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath1.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath2.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath2.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath3.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath3.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath4.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath4.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath5.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath5.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath6.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath6.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath7.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath7.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath8.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wrongapppath8.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation1.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation1.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation2.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation2.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation3.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation3.zip=]sbRecovery.reg Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation4.zip=]sbRecovery.ini Password-Protected No action was possible
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Wronguninstallinformation4.zip=]sbRecovery.reg

spybotsandra
2009-02-19, 17:11
Hello,

That are the recovery files of Spybot.
They can be restores in case something does not work after fixing a problem with Spybot-S&D.
You'll find the recovery, if you start Spybot - Search & Destroy and select 'Search and Destroy' --> 'Recovery' in the left bar. If, after a scan, the system works without problems you can delete these files by clicking on 'Purge selected recovery' in the same section after ticking all the checkboxes. You can also change the settings. In the left bar, select 'Settings' --> 'Settings', and in the right window search for 'Age of recovery'. By clicking on that entry you can type in the number of days after which Spybot - Search & Destroy should remove the recovery zip-files automatically.

The zip files in the recovery folder are password protected.
The password is: recovery

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Shroomster
2009-02-20, 09:23
good to know, looks like everything is back up and running properly now..

thanks everyone for your patience and help!