PDA

View Full Version : Malware, input error or what

Ludivine
2009-02-14, 12:43
Hello everybody

I hope you will be able to help a mature lady in age but very young as far as computers are concerned.I have been using my computer for several months without problems and all of a sudden trouble!

It started with a message when opening my user account "Windows caanot load the local profile. The possible causes may be insufficent security rights or a damaged local profil". I was offered a temporary profil. I noticed that my background screen saver had been changed.

After several attempts to sort this out (not very audacious!) I decided to proceed to a restore operation. This was successful but when I did a new check up on Spybot I got a "you need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manuel updater" but the system will not allow me and shows "Runtime Error(at-1:0)Cannot import dll:C:ProgramFiles\Spybot-Search&Destroy\uninsSrv.dll"

These problems seem to have started after I obtained a second email address at live.fr.

I have xp, avast anti virus, malwarebytes.

Many thanks to anybody willing to help me.

I then tried to uninstall spybot (to reinstall the later version 1.6.3) but unsuccessfully.

Ludivine
2009-02-14, 14:03
It's me again. sorry I said it happened after I started a new email address but it also could be linked to the download of the new Spybot version.

to be clear,
- I got the new email address
- did an update on Spybot (ie loaded the new version)
- experienced the problem with the local profile
- did a restoration: problem with local profile cleared
- problem swith Spybot:
1) unable to activate (still version 1.6.0) with message
"you need to install the detection updates...) which is impossible to do.
cannot uninstall.
2) if I download version 1.6.3 I again experience problem with the local profile.

Sorry to repeat myself but I fear that my first explanations were rather hazy. Forgive my English