PDA

View Full Version : Error message about "Advertizing Robots"

balt221
2009-02-14, 14:47
I have Spybot - Search and Destroy set to run a scan once a week while I'm asleep, since it takes about three hours. After installing the new version, 1.62, I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, the scan had not started. Instead, there was an error message which read:

"If you remove advertizing robots with this program, you may not be able to continue using the host program."

Then it gave me a button to click "OK." When I did so, the scan began. It didn't give me any information about what program it was talking about. Is this going to happen every week? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-14, 16:35
balt221:

... It didn't give me any information about what program it was talking about. ...
It is just a generalized statement, not a statement about a specific program.

... Is this going to happen every week? …
Yes, unless you checked "Do not show this message again" before you clicked the "OK" button..

You can also stop the message by going into Spybot » Mode » Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) » Settings » Settings. In the options tree under "Main settings" check "I do know about all that legal stuff".

... Has anyone else encountered this?
Everyone.

balt221
2009-02-14, 18:37
Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

I got my answer! Thanks! Whether I learn is another issue altogether.:bigthumb: