PDA

View Full Version : 2 Recent Problems

nickmar
2009-02-14, 15:09
I have used Spybot S&D Free Version for years with no problems. Recently, I tried to Update. When I pressed the update tab nothing happened (I tried this a few different times). Also, when I pressed the "Search For Problems" tab, I got an error "Scan aborted by user." So, I uninstalled, then reinstalled, tried to Update and Scan and everything was working again. The next day the same things happened....could not update and can't run a scan. I run my Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, etc. regularly. Also, I cannot close out the program (X out) Comments, suggestions?

Matt
2009-02-14, 20:03
I have used Spybot S&D Free Version for years with no problems. Recently, I tried to Update. When I pressed the update tab nothing happened (I tried this a few different times). Also, when I pressed the "Search For Problems" tab, I got an error "Scan aborted by user." So, I uninstalled, then reinstalled, tried to Update and Scan and everything was working again. The next day the same things happened....could not update and can't run a scan. I run my Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, etc. regularly. Also, I cannot close out the program (X out) Comments, suggestions?

Hi nickmar,

welcome to Safer Networking Forums. :)

Which version of Spybot do you use? I hope 1.6.2.46 ;)
Which operating system do you use?
Which other security tools are installed on your computer?

Best regards,
-Matt-

nickmar
2009-02-14, 22:01
Spybot version 1.6.0
OS is Vista Home Basic
Also use the latest versions of Adaware, AVG 8.0 Anti Virus and Spyware Protection, Windows Defender, and CC Cleaner.
Spybot has ALWAYS worked with these up untill recently.

drragostea
2009-02-15, 02:11
The latest version is v.1.6.2, I would suggest you update to the latest version:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
-