PDA

View Full Version : How do I go back to 1.6.0?

Ncguy
2009-02-16, 19:48
I'm having serious problems with the 1.6.2 and after having posted to other spybot threads with no help whatsoever I'm ready to uninstall and go back to 1.6.0 or something close. Currently I've disabled 1.6.2 on my machine and its offering me no protection. Problem is I dont know how to get my hands on the older versions. Does anyone know where you go to download them?

drragostea
2009-02-17, 02:02
The updater problem is resolved. Please update again.

Ncguy
2009-02-17, 04:36
The updater problem is resolved. Please update again.

No can do. I have spybot configured to update and begin the scan on startup. Problem with new release is after it starts if I hit stop scan it now locks up. I can't get back in the interface. I actually have to kill it after it locks up with task manager.

Arent the startup options stored in the registry? Even after a new release install if you cant get to the interface I guess you have to hack the registry to change the startup options?

And by the way I can run the updater from the separate menu item and it says there are no new updates.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-17, 06:30
Ncguy:

What happens if you just execute the update program (SDUpdate.exe) without Spybot (SpybotSD.exe) running?

Ncguy
2009-02-17, 13:34
Ncguy:

What happens if you just execute the update program (SDUpdate.exe) without Spybot (SpybotSD.exe) running?

It just comes back and says "no newer updates available" after clicking search.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-17, 18:10
Ncguy:

So you are no longer getting:
"Please select some update files from the list first."
But instead getting:
"no newer updates available"

Ncguy
2009-02-17, 19:31
No, actually when spybot first launches it says

"Please select some update files from the list first". Then you hit a key and it goes on. This is because I have update selected as a startup option. You get this same error message if you select "update" manually from within the interface.

If you try to update from the separate menu item on the start menu you get

So to answer your question I am getting both error messages depending on how update is launched.

In addition if I try to stop the scan once it has started it freezes the program and you have to kill the process.

Ncguy:

So you are no longer getting:
"Please select some update files from the list first."
But instead getting:

mooman
2009-02-22, 09:21
I am getting this same problem.

Therefore Spybot cannot run its' daily update or check (I have check for updates at startup selected), and is therefore crippled and useless. :sad:

drragostea
2009-02-23, 00:42
I wouldn't call it "useless". Can you try a uninstall and a fresh reinstall of Spybot?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
-