PDA

View Full Version : Two Tea Timers?

zoofence
2009-02-17, 18:09
I have just updated to Spybot S&D ver 1.6.2.46 on a computer running Windows XP. Since updating, two Tea Timer icons appear in the system tray at the lower right (next to the clock). Checking the "About" of each, both are Tea Timer ver. 1.6.0.30. However, one shows System Settings Protector ver. 1.6.4.26 and the other shows ver. 1.6.2.23. Presumably, I need to remove the Tea Timer with System Settings Protector ver. 1.6.2.23. At Control Panel>Add Remove Programs, there is only one listing for Spybot Search and Destroy. There is no listing for Tea Timer. I have right-clicked the Tea Timer icon with the older System Settings Protector version, and selected "exit", but it simply reappears when I restart the computer. My question: How do I delete the Tea Timer with the older System Settings Protector version? Thank you.

zoofence
2009-02-17, 18:35
Please ignore my initial post. I have since run "autoruns" from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx, which lists what programs run at logon (among other things), and found two entries for teatimer.exe. I removed the one with the older System Settings Protector version, and that fixed it.

I apologize for posting my question before exhausting other methods.

Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-17, 19:06
zoofence:

Did the two startup entries point to two different locations? If so you should uninstall both versions an re-install Spybot.