PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to download SP3 contains virus?

FabriMetal
2009-02-17, 19:12
Hello

I recently download the sp3 from the official webpage of Windows. The download was ok, I analize the file and didnīt find any virus. Then I install it. After setup, this reboot my computer. When the reboot finish started all the problems... My computer is full of virus, trojans, etc:

A lot of fake alerts about Windows will not original (this is not true).
A new anti-virus for Windows that doesnīt let me do anything.
In My PC, the only icon that appeared was A:
After a few minutes, began to mirrored images, both horizontally and vertically.
And a lot more...:banghead::banghead:

I have to run all anti-virus, anti-spyware programs installed on my computer (I'm a careful person and I have many :D:) and find my Windows CD to reinstall sp2.

After all this and many, many reboots the computer was OK again (all this work take me a lot of hour and a lot of cigarettes:halo:).

The cuestion now is: is it possible that when I download from the official website of Windows the SP3, the virus is downloaded from it?

Thanks

P.D: sorry for my English, I am trying to improve

tashi
2009-02-17, 19:57
:welcome: FabriMetal,

The cuestion now is: is it possible that when I download from the official website of Windows the SP3, the virus is downloaded from it?

I doubt it was, can you post the link here please, but just in case make it a non-clickable url. :)

Cheers.

FabriMetal
2009-02-17, 20:56
Yes, the dir is:

http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=es
from High-priority updates

This doesnīt download anything

tashi
2009-02-17, 21:57
Hi FabriMetal,

Although you have security programs the symptoms you describe are that of a computer which was infected at the time you upgraded the Service Pack.

I have to run all anti-virus, anti-spyware programs installed on my computer (I'm a careful person and I have many :D:)

Could you list all those programs please.

Best regards.

nOInfectIOn
2009-02-17, 22:43
FYI:

The cuestion now is: is it possible that when I download from the official website of Windows the SP3, the virus is downloaded from it?I donīt really know enough about that, but after all I read I donīt think so - BUT:

When your system is online without highpriority-updates, the system is vulnerable... This is, why this (free) software has been developed:
(English explanation for a older version/ release: http://www.h-online.com/security/Do-it-yourself-Service-Pack--/features/80682

Download: http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/offlineupdate/
;)

FabriMetal
2009-02-18, 00:31
I have on my computer:

Nod32 v3.0.650.0
Spybot - Search & Destroy (obviously:laugh:)
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SUPERAntiSpyware
Ad-Warch 2007
SpywareBlaster

And I have port 5000 closed

tashi
2009-02-18, 02:18
Hello FabriMetal,

Ok good I wanted to make sure you didn't have two anti virus programs running. :)

Other than that your adventure is a bit of a mystery. :fear:

drragostea
2009-02-18, 02:22
Seems like a pretty good army of anti-spyware programs. SpywareBlaster and Spybot-Search&Destroy's Immunization are hardening features. FYI, be sure to update AdAware to v.8.0 (Anniversary Edition). Program updates come out because there are fixes to bugs that may impact your performance and to enhance program components.

Do you have a firewall and does your anti-spyware programs flag anything (be sure to update first before performing a full scan)?

FabriMetal
2009-02-18, 03:12
mmm... i think Tash was right, it is a big mistery! Anyway, I never download something from Windows anymore:red:

Thanks

tashi
2009-02-18, 04:42
Anyway, I never download something from Windows anymore:red:

:cowboy:

The Microsoft site didn't infect your computer :p: you need to install updates to protect your PC. :)