PDA

View Full Version : tracking cookie

masterwin
2009-02-18, 15:02
hello,

I have some problems whit tracking cookies.
I don't know if they will direct my computer any damage and i do not see my computer slowing but every time i use spybot S&D they are thear again even when i remove them they are back in no time.
First it was only a Right Media tracking cookie but now thear are:

DoubleClick
FastClick
Mediaplex
and the Right Media.

these are all tracking cookies.
How can i destroy them forever?

Thank you very much, Erwin

Blade81
2009-02-21, 14:27
Hi

It's normal that mentioned cookies appear when you browse web sites :) To get rid of most cookies you may use mvps hosts file.

Every version of windows has a hosts file as part of them. In a very basic sense, they are used to locate webpages. We can customize a hosts file so that it blocks certain webpages. However, it can slow down certain computers. This is why using a hosts file is optional!!
Download it here (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm). Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the hosts file. There is a good tutorial here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial51.html)
If you decide to download the hosts file, the slowdown problems can usually be avoided by following these steps:
Click the start button (at the lower left hand corner of your screen) Click run In the dialog box, type services.msc hit enter, then locate dns client Highlight it, then double-click it. On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual. Click ok

Blade81
2009-02-26, 20:27
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help. :)

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.