PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to reinstall or something? HELP!

AriesNoViruses
2009-02-19, 20:22
I clicked on the "update" button right after Spybot was done scanning and destroying any viruses I had a couple days ago.

After it updated, it asked some extra stuff about updating to Spybot 16.2. I didnt understand that because it never asked me this before just to update my system in general.

But I clicked on it and was gonna let my computer install 16.2 because I guess I have 16.0 now. but after a while, messages popped up telling me I already have this and that on my computer - in terms of programs. so I just exited the box all together. BUT a 16.2 icon is now on my desktop (half installed), along with my other Search & Destroy icon. so now there's two! what should I do?

Now the PROBLEM is when I turn on my computer, it tries to scan my computer TWICE when I havent authorized it to!

AND I already know about going to "Settings" and making sure that its in Advanced Mode and to click on "No Automation". right now it has BOTH "No Automation" and "Run once at startup" chosen no matter WHAT I click on. it wont just let me chosse No Automation. Can you please help me?? this is annoying the crap out of me and I think I need to reinstall.

This thing has been popping up ONCE on my computer for MONTHS now, but the "No Automation" option was working up until I was asked to update to 16.2 days ago.

Matt
2009-02-19, 20:40
Hi AriesNoViruses,

I would suggest to un-install Spybot completely from your computer. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46 (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html) again.

Best regards,
-Matt-

AriesNoViruses
2009-02-19, 22:59
Okay I'll do that. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks.