PDA

View Full Version : Choosing What to Scan

psnart45
2009-02-20, 02:14
I've done some re-arranging of my computer and I'd like to shorten up my scan time by choosing to only scan my C:\ drive. Is this possible? I've switched to Expert User Mode (even though I'm anything but), and I still wasn't able to find any setting that would let me limit where SpyBot S&D searches.

Is what I'm asking possible? Not advisable?

Thanks for your help.

drragostea
2009-02-20, 02:36
Spybot scans the the default fixed drive (C:\), but it does not scan file by file. I'm not sure what you mean by "limiting" the search. Are you attempting (your goal) to cut down scanning time? Or are you attempting to specify where Spybot scans (I doubt there is an option to does that)?

psnart45
2009-02-21, 01:19
I added a separate hard drive for photos, etc, to free up space on the C;\ drive. My goal is to have Spybot only search the C:\ drive. From what you said, it sounds like this might be all that it does. Will it not search other drives on my PC? Like the F:\ drive I just added? If that's the case, everything will be cool! My goal is to shorten the time spent scanning.

drragostea
2009-02-21, 19:18
Well, by default Spybot-Search&Destroy scans the fixed drive (C:\) during it scans so it should be no problems. But of course, if you want to scan other drives in addition to the fixed local drive there's more options to do that :santa:.

By your configuration it's fine.