PDA

View Full Version : watch this spybot scan

Pittt
2009-02-21, 01:55
starting scan now so you can see the freeze up coming soon with the scanning now window of spybot- this occurred on two computers today after switching to scan on start--i had to uninstall on other comp. but reinstall does not work like before broken with the scan on start--i took a screen shot with camstudio on this comp.or i could share screen through adobe-sbsdscan items went from 396483 to 396482 after the scan-computers are not connected to each other-only the scan on start is recent change
no other problems that stick out-hope to send this in as bug when scan finishes and leaves the windows of itself stuck on my screen

i'll be back after scan
thanks

Pittt
2009-02-21, 04:42
-problem did not recur
hope this is good --i'll try ti on the other comp. some

other day
thanks

pittts off

Pittt
2009-02-23, 15:31
my attempt to start my computer in safe mode to allow myself to change spybot-sd settings returned "stop....fail...screen" several retrys and i cannot boot to safe mode.
Spybot sd scan ends with 392560/392560 Zoom Player 0:00
and a small window Failed to load DelZip179.dll and a choice to click on OK clicking on OK does not change the screen. A search of my computer for DelZip179.dll returns it as being located C:\Program Files\Safer Networking\FileAlyzer
Currently a second SB-SD scan is running as that is all the SB-SD program will do

Pittt
2009-02-25, 19:04
continue-
got settings back to default using default button
THE GREEN CHECKMARkS ARE GONE (bhos tec.)
The upadate button on the spybot screen does not initiate update

maybe this is due to my setting to check for updates every wed. in auto update update
will try again by removivg auto update selection and hope the green checkmarks return
the bug report button is checked -so i guess the program checked it itself as there seems to be a bug here.

Resident shield loads each startup and icon is in tray as usual--but now res. shield lists 129236 processes blacklisted and 0 known ratings available--whereas it use to list >200000 available bot i never knew how to get the rest or if it mattered

resident shield has gotton closer to system in load order as the tree view shows

user interface returned after ~ being gone a couple of days
The new scanner takes a long time to run--i guess this is great if it needs the time as the av scan also takes a long time--av takes over six (6) hours on 1 comp.

280205 immunized in spybotsd user interface listed

Pittt
2009-02-25, 20:36
trying to get updates and I rechecked firewall (c0mo) to see if spyb-sd was listed in trusted programs--it had been removed from that designation-but not by be--so i entered spybot sd.exe to trusted apps in firewall and as soon as clicking apply como firewall responded with (sorry ---problem.. need to close) i unplugged internet connection and clicked o.k. but it (the firewall--comodo)did not close--redo the define sbsd as trusted and then plug back in connection --I check in running process list inside comod o list but i still cannot get updates for spybot-sd--going to reboot--

hope for a better time

thanks

Pittt
2009-02-27, 03:12
comodo had an update to fix certain issues with some security software
THE 1 COMPUTER WITHOUT COMODO AND JUST WINDOWS FIREWALL LOADS MY OLD FAMILIAR SPYBOT SCREEN AFTER IT DOES A SCAN WHICH WHEN RUNNING IT HAS 3 LITTLE WINDOWS (PECULIAR)

i'm still trying to get spyboy-sd working on one computer that has comodo firewall AND THE AVG IT WILL INNUNIZE AND SCAN but still no update response
no updates function at all --except for the icons aRE there
green checkmarks are still gone (BHOS, ACTIVE X ...)

Pittt
2009-02-27, 13:53
SpybotSnD
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SpybotSD.exe
just making a list in this window of various references to some slightly familiar names

Matt
2009-02-27, 19:42
Hi Pittt,

which message do you get, when you try to update Spybot-Search&Destroy?

Best regards,
-Matt-

Pittt
2009-02-28, 02:42
Hi Matt
Their is no response when clicking on update icons

The words(search for updates...) within teatimer expansion from tray gets lighter, The update icons do not respond in the spybot S & D window except for a small quick visual vibrate.

Thanks for asking,
Pittt

Matt
2009-02-28, 08:50
Hi Pittt,

which Version of Spybot do you use?

Which operating system do you use?

Did you un-install the old version before installing the new one?

Best regards, :)
-Matt-

Pittt
2009-03-01, 04:01
Hi Matt,
File Version is 1.6.2.46
Product Version 1, 6,2,0
Special Build Description20090126
After the major update i was having problems and tried to uninstall but then (if i remember right) i kept this version to try to work through the problems, so here we are.

I did not correctly answer your last post question about update. correct answer is "after clicking on update button on left side an update button appears within header space on the left side.

The update as attempted from resident is as reported.

Matt
2009-03-01, 09:21
Hi Pittt,

I've the following recommendation for you:

1)
Open Spybot and follow this patch

Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident
dis-able Resident TeaTimer and Resident SD-Helper. Close Spybot.

2)
Reboot your computer.

3)
Please un-install Spybot completely (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html) from your computer. Follow carfully all of theese instructions.

4)
Reboot your computer.

5)
Install Spybot 1.6.2.46. You can download it from here (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/ownmirrors1/index.html).

Which version did you have before installing 1.6.2.46 ?

Best regards,
-Matt-

Pittt
2009-03-03, 17:54
hello matt'

Whatever version was before- i Don't know-things just went strange after the big update with spybot s&d(also the system change notifications from teatimer about spybot s&d deleting somethings like A 8009...and I just started allowing some and not others to see if I could learn what was their purpose. I never learned yet.
I uninstalled sb s&d, but there was not a choice within add/remove programs after disabling teatimer and permanent helper with restarts several times...so the files were just deleted. Except I forgot to clean the registry. After reinstalling sb s&d from the site you suggested, all appeared back to normal except the list within spybot scan results of the many ( spybot deleting...){the various SchedLgU.Txt. stuff..I'm sure your familiar with} I guess that stuff was left over from somewhere (registry?)I missed in the attempted removal of Spybot s&d.

Thanks Matt

I'm going on with and try to deal with the SchedLgU.Txt

md usa spybot fan
2009-03-03, 19:20
Pittt:

Truthfully, I am have problems following this thread. However, this comment in your last post cought my eye:

... I'm going on with and try to deal with the SchedLgU.Txt
Before you attempt to "deal with the SchedLgU.Txt" I suugest that you read:
Why can I not remove the Sti_Trace.log (or SchedLgU.txt) file?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=6
In other words SchedLgU.Txt is used by the system scheduler. So if the scheduler is opened before the Spybot processes to to delete the file are executed, Spybot can not delete the SchedLgU.Txt file.

Pittt
2009-03-05, 14:22
md

Taking your advice
thanks.
pittt