PDA

View Full Version : help with update installation please

Sosolo
2009-02-21, 02:35
When installing update to new version (spybotsd162.exe)... well, I don't know enough how to describe it... I reach a place where it's telling me about .dll files (& maybe others, cannot remember), that the "existing file is marked as read only" and there is option to 'abort' or 'retry' and... can't remember, 'cancel' maybe? This is happening for a few files it seems.

Except I don't know which is the correct one to select, so have aborted the installation for now. I tried to find information, but only learned that if I click 'retry' it might overwrite already existing files. That's too scary for me. Nothing in the tutorial about this, and even though I've searched here and googled and searched in some more forums, I can't find out.

Just don't know enough about such things. My big thanks for any help please.

Matt
2009-02-21, 15:19
Hi Sosolo,

welcome to Spybot-S&D Forum. :)

You get this message because theese files are protected by Spybot against Malware/change. ;)

I recommend a complete un-install of Spybot 1.6.0 or 1.5.2. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46.

Best regards,
-Matt-

Sosolo
2009-02-21, 23:30
Thank you very much, Matt.

I will do that as soon as I can, especially since I already found out that I cannot do a scan with v.1.6.0 - it knows that the new version is there, and tells me I must finish the installation! The program is more clever than I am :)

Your help is much appreciated. Best wishes to you.