PDA

View Full Version : New and needing Help

Ireland Renee
2009-02-21, 19:58
:eek:

I am new to this forum, and I need to get some help in making a decision on WHICH program to download for my Windows XP. I went onto SPYbot to download a protection program for my computer BUT, there was a wonderful buffet to chose from and I didn't know which one to choose. HOW DO I KNOW WHICH TO USE?

thanks

Ireland Renee

drragostea
2009-02-21, 20:26
It is up to you. Spybot offers great protection, especially it's Immunization feature. Your question is very vague because we don't know what you want.

MalwareByte's Anti-Malware is a good one as a suggestion.

Ireland Renee
2009-02-21, 20:34
:bigthumb: Got it

I will see if I can get the choices I have been given to download and then show you. Obviously I want the best coverage I can get.:red: But I can only DOWNLOAD ONE. My question.......... which "ONE".
If I am STILL vague (which is always possible lol) I want to download the one thing that will give me the most over-all protection for my computer.

Thank you for such a quick response!!!:flowers:

Ireland Renee

Ireland Renee
2009-02-21, 20:38
Here r some of my choices:

BN FileForum
Freeware-Archiv
SecurityWonks

Xteq
Grail It!!!
Freenet (German)

Hosted by Safer-Networking
Download from our server
Safer-Networking Ltd. #1
Download from our server
Safer-Networking Ltd. #2
Download from our server
Safer-Networking Ltd. #3
Download from our server
Safer-Networking Ltd. #4

drragostea
2009-02-21, 20:59
Any one of the servers will get you the same Spybot. Try SaferNetworking Servers.

Ireland Renee
2009-02-21, 21:03
wow thanks! But which one? 1,2,3,or 4?

I need help in moving this thread out of the tavern. Can you do that for me and place it in the right forum?

thanks again!!!:rolleyes:

drragostea
2009-02-21, 21:21
Any one server works. Try Server 1.
-
A moderator will do that job (moving this thread).

tashi
2009-02-22, 01:57
Hello Ireland Renee,

You can download Spybot-S&D from any of our servers/mirrors as drragostea said.

I am new to this forum, and I need to get some help in making a decision on WHICH program to download for my Windows XP. I went onto SPYbot to download a protection program for my computer

This sticky which might be of help in choosing programs. So how did I get infected in the first place? (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279)

What security programs are already installed and do you have a Service Pack on that XP?

Best regards. :)