PDA

View Full Version : cannot update_cannot desinstall

Ludivine
2009-02-22, 13:49
hello to everybody,

I posted some time ago but because of ill health have been unable to continue.

I had some difficulties updating Spybot and it is now impossible to run. So I decided to unistall and received the message "Runtime Error (at-10) Cannot Import dll:C:\Program Files\Spybot -Search&Destroy\UninsSrv.dll."

I have to add that I am new at computers (despite my age) and the answer needs to be as simple as possible for my "simple" mind.

thank you in advance and good weekend.

Ludivine
2009-02-24, 20:42
Hello everybody,
Since I first posted, I understand from other messages that my problems may have been caused by the server so I tried again yesterday but still my problem is there: cannot update, cannot reinstall, cannot desinstall.
Anyone?
:grandpa:

capgrey
2009-02-25, 03:22
I am having the same problem and wish someone could give us some advice. I am wondering if this problem has been caused by some malware?

francescaelisa
2009-02-25, 03:30
I am also having the same problem. And I can't install the antivirus I just paid for without uninstalling Spybot! I tried downloading and update to see if it would allow me to uninstall then, but alas, it could not be completed

drragostea
2009-02-25, 04:15
capgrey:
Read this thread:
Something blocking installation of Spybot (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=37163)

france, install Spybot-Search&Destroy after the installation of your anti-virus.

francescaelisa
2009-02-25, 04:49
It won't let me install my anti virus until I uninstall spybot. And spybot won't let me uninstall it.

Ludivine
2009-02-26, 01:00
Hi everybody!

I read the post as recommend and I would ask if this time we are also dealing with a maleware.

I do have Avast antivirus, and I have also made a chek with Malewarebytes - nothing found- I would also add that in my case, apart from being unable to use Spybot (I know, I wish I could) there are no other signs of disfunction at the moment.

I do ask because I am a real beginner in computer and the idea of having to perform the procedures indicated appear rather intimidating. :sick:

drragostea
2009-02-26, 05:06
Ludivine, sorry if it sounds confusing. I'll try to make it simpler.
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=257176&postcount=8
-
This posts explains that there is a .scr (same like a .exe file) hidden in the Spybot Program Files folder. This was created as a self-defense mechanism against malware. You'll have to enabled the view of hidden system files for just a second. The file should be 4777KB. Doubling clicking it will execute Spybot-Search&Destroy.

Ludivine
2009-02-26, 14:08
Thank you Drragostea. :flowers:

Yes, things are now clearer. I'll get on with it.

Have a good day.