PDA

View Full Version : yet another idea for a feature

TwistedMike
2009-02-22, 22:08
it has been mentioned in another post to see if you can put clamwin's virus database in with yours. but because of copyright law you cant without permission.so i thought that because we can already make our own sbi files with opensbi that maybe we can use that and have a user submitted virus database for Spybot.

TwistedMike
2009-02-26, 22:53
can someone please reply to this thread

drragostea
2009-02-27, 04:17
I'm not so familiar with the ClamAV, but I want ask a few questions for fun :laugh:.

ClamAV is copyrighted so that means no using it. But even if (imagine) it was not copyrighted and only Spybot used it wouldn't that "bloat" the software?That includes double scanning (virus and spyware) and updating too.

Is ClamAV a on-demand scanner? Any Resident Shields (problem being if there were, there'll be more confusion about TeaTimer and ClamAV's Shields)?

djpailo
2009-02-27, 17:30
There should be a basic universal database which everyone could use and then individual companies can add to the list as they wish.

TwistedMike
2009-02-28, 01:53
maybe if this could be implemented there could be the option to choose what detections list to use to scan with that way the user has the choice of using them both or if only wanting to use one.