PDA

View Full Version : Something odd during SpyBot update

DanRhea
2009-02-25, 18:27
Hi Everyone,

I have three systems sitting here, a laptop that was running 1.6.0, an older system running 1.6.2 and my main system running 1.6.2. All systems are running XP Pro SP3, Norton 360, Spyware Doctor and have AdAware installed, but not running in real-time.

In the laptop (1.6.0) and the older system (1.6.2), when I checked for updates, I didn't get the mirrors dialog, but an instant notice that no newer updates were available.

My main system did find updates (and is updated more often than the other two systems, which either aren't always on or do not always have an internet connection).

I have since updated the 1.6.0 version to 1.6.2 manually and rebooted the 1.6.2 system. Both now seem to check for updates properly and all have done clean scans.

Is this something I should be concerned about (the initial notice of "no newer updates" when there obviously were updates)?

Thank you.

Dan

Matt
2009-02-26, 16:10
Hi DanRhea,

Is this something I should be concerned about (the initial notice of "no newer updates" when there obviously were updates)?

Not really. :)

I'm glad to hear that it works now. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-

drragostea
2009-02-27, 04:26
You might get "no new updates" when there are literally no new updates for your Spybot since it has been updated :laugh:.

I believe the best way to approach this would be to open Spybot-Search&Destroy>Help>About.

The latest version is:
Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.6.2.46
Definition updates from: Wednesday February 25, 2009