PDA

View Full Version : Problems on restart after first scan

MsDriftwood
2009-02-25, 18:54
I downloaded Spybot S&D and ran my first scan on an old pc running Windows XP. Needless to say when the scan completed I had a whole host of problems that needed fixing - I believe it said fixed 284 problems and 6 couldn't be fixed. It said my computer needed to be restarted and asked if it could rescan upon restart to complete the fixes. When my computer restarted I got a black box that normally flashes through on start up, but didn't go away, then I got another and another and the boxes just kept appearing. I finally opened the task manager and get them all to close and shut down and haven't rebooted since. What was all that?

spybotsandra
2009-02-26, 10:59
Hello,

Probably that was the beta update for the new TeaTimer that you have downloaded. Nothing to worry.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

MsDriftwood
2009-02-26, 17:26
I guess you know what you are talking about - but I sure don't. Doesn't help me a bit - my computer is totally FU now. But since I'm not familiar with your procedure - I asked for help in the wrong place. Have no idea what a "PM" is or what "TeaTimer" is. Don't tell me not to worry - my computer is unusable.

Matt
2009-02-26, 18:38
Hi MsDriftwood,

284 problems sounds not good to me. :sad:
Can you still remember, which kind of problems Spybot couldn't remove? Do you still know some names of theese Spyware files? Perhaps Virtumonde?

If you have still problems, please read the thread "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) and follow the instructions. After that, you can open your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22), where a security expert can help you. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt

md usa spybot fan
2009-02-26, 18:38
MsDriftwood:

When Spybot encounters files that it can not delete because they are in use by other processes it adds startup entries that execute commands during your next system startup attempting to delete those files. The black boxes that you saw could have been these command processes attempting to execute. If that was in fact the case, I don’t know why they didn't just execute and end.

You indicated "… my computer is totally FU now", but haven't described the problems you are currently encountering. Besides the black boxes at your last system startup, what problems are you having?