PDA

View Full Version : Infected - Inexperienced - Need Help!

boboleeenk
2009-02-26, 05:25
My PC is infected (it is loaded with infections) - Virtumonde and several other malwares. I have installed and ran Spybot S & D numerous times. It says it has fixed the problems, but they return. My PC is is acting crazy,although not quite as bad as it was- IE will just quit running after about 30 minutes or so, just as if I had X'd out of it. It also, takes forever to log on.
I have no experience in this sort of thing (malware removal); I keep reading about Hijack This, here on the forum,and have considered downloading and installing it, but have decided to wait until I see if I can get some expert help first, through the forum, here, and then install it if I'm advised to do so.
At any rate, I'm:oops: posting here, as a plea for help; and will wait for a reply before doing anything else, in the way of trying to fix it myself. I think I have done all I dare to do(on my own), at this point.
Looking forward to hearing from some one of the Spybot team!
Thanks in advance.

tashi
2009-02-26, 08:38
Hello,

In order for one of our volunteer analysts to advise you when available, please follow the procedure in this sticky:

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, I will close this one as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards. :)