PDA

View Full Version : Help! Installed webwasher, now can't access gmail

jimkroger
2009-02-26, 14:09
I installed webwasher, which I found from spybot's website. Now I can not get to my email on gmail, google acts badly, and other web pages look odd.

Any help appreciated....

Thanks,
Jim

jimkroger
2009-02-26, 14:15
I can't access search, control panels, can't get to gmail, what's wrong? I went to the site from a link on spybot, and figured I must be able to trust spybot. I can't even uninstall because I can't open the control panel! Help!

jimkroger
2009-02-26, 14:18
When I try control panel, it says An error occured while working with the control panel file ....system32/irprops.cpl

Man, my computer is useless.

2009-02-26, 19:09
"I installed webwasher, which I found from spybot's website...."

:scratch:

I searched spybot's site and did not come up with anything called that. I have never even heard of this until now....Where did you download this at? What link?

Matt
2009-02-26, 19:19
Hi jimkroger,

are you talking about this one:
http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1527 ??

Webwasher, developed by Secure Computing, has (as far as I know) nothing to do with Safer Networking and Spybot-Search&Destroy.

Where exactly did you find this download link?

Best regards,
-Matt-

drragostea
2009-02-27, 04:23
WebWasher used to be a anti-spam company if I'm correct, seems like now they developed a anti-malware product too.

It is a legitimate product as far as I know, but I haven't heard about it hindering the performance of Windows or any email websites.

noel-pr7
2009-02-27, 21:46
When I try control panel, it says An error occured while working with the control panel file ....system32/irprops.cpl

Man, my computer is useless.

See MS KB article 834340 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834340) on resolving the irprops.cpl problem.

Now I can not get to my email on gmail, google acts badly, and other web pages look odd.

From what web browser are you accessing gmail, jimkroger?