PDA

View Full Version : Immunization issues

blacknblue
2009-02-26, 19:31
Just installed the new spybot version and my host file is incomplete when I immunize. Can't block about 340 or so. Said that it might be a software issue. I have IE 6 and am running XP but I'm guessing that isn't the issue. I have some microsoft.net issues but again not sure if that's it. I just installed the new version of spysweeper prior and updated spywareblaster beforehand. This has never happened before and I have read the posts with none of those perticular programs being mentioned. I have not looked to see if there is a a host file blocker/ shield in spy sweeper or spywareblaster. I also have ad aware and super antispyware installed but never had an issue till now. Also ever since I did a sweep in safe mode I am getting a new listing set in the immunize tool. That sound right? Also I am asked on boot up if I want to remove X amount of files and that it can't remove most of them because they are in use. That normal? Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Matt
2009-02-26, 19:39
Hi blacknblue,

please read the thread Various reasons for incomplete immunization (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=36272). Perhaps you can solve your problem with it.

I recommend to dis-able all other Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware real-time protections before you immunize your system with Spybot.

Moreover, I've installed SpywareBlaster here too and it works fine. Spy Sweeper could make trouble.

Best regards, ;)
-Matt-

blacknblue
2009-02-26, 19:47
Spy sweeper seems like the likely suspect. I'm going to snoop around and see what I can find. I've had it for a while now, just this new version that I installed.....ok will get back.

blacknblue
2009-02-27, 05:06
Well turns out spy sweeper was the culprit. I turned off the host file option, immunized fully. Thanks for your input.