PDA

View Full Version : Viewing process/active logs in teatimer?

Prelyood
2009-02-28, 22:32
I would like to know how/if I can monitor or view activity that goes on in teatimer, specifically the processes it is monitoring; I don't mean the pop-up logs regarding the registry.

Like when a new program or .exe loads and teatimer checks its process (where the tray icon is active and starts moving a bit).

My computer has been freezing a lot lately, nothing detected in full scans from multiple anti-malware/spyware applications, and when frozen, usage is still under 10%. Only thing I can see is a solid processing LED on my computer, and teatimer is checking a process just before the freeze...so being able to see what is trying to execute or work when teatimer checks would help me out a lot, ;)

Thanks.

PS. I also don't see anything strange in the task manager or process explorer, so that doesn't help me.

Prelyood
2009-03-02, 10:50
Anyone?

I don't mean the "Show Log" option in the taskbar which shows the registry changes and teatimer pop-ups, but logs of current/recently loaded processes.

PepiMK
2009-03-02, 13:00
Hmmm... you could try to start it with parameters /verbose and /errorverbose, in which case TeaTimers log file will receive a huge amount of status updates of what TeaTimer is doing. Including which files it is going to scan next for example.

Prelyood
2009-03-03, 07:46
Hmm, okay, thanks; but how do I do that? Sorry, not very pro at computers.

PepiMK
2009-03-03, 09:54
Hmmm...

You end TeaTimer if it is already running.
You make a new shortcut to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe (or copy an existing one).
You right-click that shortcut, choose Properties, and add, separated by a space, /verbose /errorverbose to the line in the Target field.
Then you start it using that link, and could later look into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\Resident.log to see waht you are looking for.

Prelyood
2009-03-04, 04:56
Ah, okay, thanks. I'll try that out when I get home, and if I get any more problems, I'll post back here, :) .