PDA

View Full Version : Norton 360--Renewal--Yes/No

kenpitcher4
2009-03-02, 22:42
My subscriptoin to Norton 360 runs out soon. What are your thoughts. Should I renew it or look for something else? What do you guys recommend as the best overall?----Thanks

Ken

nOInfectIOn
2009-03-02, 22:58
the best overall?Good question! All-in-one-solutions are not bad, because they are comfortable; you cannot look every day for every program with the needed care...
BUT: (I donīt know!) Are there still the problems between Symantec and SBSD? AFAIK Symantec hasnīt proofed til today why SBSD has to be uninstalled... ?
ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/ OPINION: Since I noticed this war, I was not able to buy yellow "standard" anymore...
BUT: I have no deeper knowledge about codes etc.!

Sincerely :)

drragostea
2009-03-02, 23:43
It is up to your tastes, motive, and finally your descision. Of course, Symantec's Norton offers a bit of a kick because it has so many 'features' but there are other freeware out there that is just as great but does not have as many features unless it is a subscribed edition. If you have money to spend on a years worth of protection, feel free, and if you do not wish to spend money, feel free.

kenpitcher4
2009-03-03, 05:31
That's interesting. Last year when I was on here, Norton was like at the bottom of the list. It seemed like Kaspersky was all the rage at that time. I was given a link where they did comparisons and Norton was at the bottom. It seems maybe your not able to give your opinions as openly as before. Maybe you could give me a link that deals with this.

I had Norton installed when I downloaded Spybot SD and have had both for about a year now.---Thanks

Ken

kenpitcher4
2009-03-05, 04:15
Any unbiased comparisons between Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee, and others. Little help needed in making a decision. As a layman in this I wouldn't know how to compare one with another.---Thanks

Ken