PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Installing Latest spybot spyware remover On Vista

mateon3000
2009-03-02, 23:32
Hi Guys,

Ive been a huge supporter of Spybot for many years. For the most part it has always been very straight forward and works very well.

The problem Im having is on a Vista system. Im trying to install the latest spybot S&D for a client but the installer fails to launch. Has anyone seen this before? Im new to Vista and already dreading dealing with this OS. There really isnt much on the screen that I can notice cause when I double click to install, it flickers quickly and disappears.

Any help would be much appreciated. If theres anything I can provide please let me know...

You can contact me by the links below.

Thanks,

Mateo

(http://www.automaticomputing.com)

drragostea
2009-03-02, 23:50
Can you try renaming the Spybot-Search&Destroy installer? And then right-click on the file and click "Run as Administrator". Then proceed with the installation.

mateon3000
2009-03-05, 21:59
Hi drragostea,

Sorry for the late reply. I just got back to the client. I tried your suggestions but renaming and running as administrator had the same effect.

I read somewhere else about windows updating. I did as many windows updates as I could. Upon rebooting, ran the spybot installer and the installer instructions came up. The system is now up and protected.

Thanks for your help.

drragostea
2009-03-06, 04:42
I doubt it could be Windows Updates though.
Are you having any problems with malware or spyware (your description hints it :sad:)?
-
Alright, try install Spybot (renamed) in Windows Safe Mode.

mateon3000
2009-03-07, 01:43
Hi,

The problem I had was that when I doubled clicked the file it would just disappear. After the updates, the installer popped up after double clicking. I'll run a scan and see what comes up. I'll post any spyware or viruses shortly.