View Full Version : Malware/svchost Error/No Spybot/HJT Log File soon

logicallad
2009-03-03, 17:11
Hi,

First my system specs:

RAM: 4GB
Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600
I use:
1. AVG v8.0 Free (I update definitions daily twice)
2. Comodo Internet Security v3.5 (I update definitions daily)
3. S&D Spybot v1.6
4. Windows Defender
5. Advanced System Care v3.0 Pro

Yesterday I was surfing the net trying to find a software when I stumbled upon a link for a file which was renamed into the file I was searching (later i understood that it was a divxaccess.exe file with malware). And I do not know whether my stars were bad or I was going through a phase of having my brain numbed I installed the exe file (however, before installing I scanned it using AVG v8.0 free with the latest definitions and with Comodo Internet Security v3.5 again with latest definitions and both did not find any problem in the exe file). Also, Spybot did not throw a registry modification approval window.

After installing the first thing I noticed was that I lost my network (I use a WPA2-TKPor TPK security enabled wireless) I could not access the internet and then being fully aware that restarting the computer would cause problems I restarted the computer (I think I was brain dead at this time). Anyways, as soon as Windows was loaded I got multiple svchost application errors with memory problems (I think it were around 15 or so all for the programs that load on start up).

I pressed ok for most (another mistake) and then my system hanged. So, I restarted and got into windows again but this time I did not acknowledge the svchost application errors and tried to open Spybot but could not, AVG was scanning but nothing got registered as threat in the scan. Comodo was able to pick up 3 potential Virus/Spyware/Malware but it hanged.

I also tried System restore but it gave me an error and asked me to restart the system and then try (I could not even access System Restore). Also, I am not able to use the F8 on startup of computer. I read about Malware attacking boot.ini file so that I cannot boot into safe mode by the System Configuration Utility (or whatever its called). I will be trying to access System Configuration Utility (or whatever its called) and select the SAFEMODE option from Boot.ini but I am not optimistic about it working out.

I also read somewhere about the Malware modifying all svchost processes into scvhost processes which I am yet to confirm.

I really DO NOT want to Repair or do a fresh installation (God forbid). Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Many thanks in advance,
Logicallad
P.S. I will be loading the HJT file as soon as I can reach home from work.

ken545
2009-03-08, 04:30
Your being helped here so this thread will be closed.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123358.html