PDA

View Full Version : System startup entry deleted: IE 3.0 RegSvr schannel.dll

pgran
2009-03-03, 20:40
Hi,

I've searched all over for this startup change message that keeps popping up in TeaTimer when I boot up but can't seem to find out anything about it:

System Startup global entry
Value Deleted
IE 3.0 RegSvr schannel.dll

I have continued to deny the change until I can find out what it is. As far as I know, IE 3.0 has never been installed on this computer (currently running IE 7.0).

I'm not 100% sure if this started happening before or after I attempted to install Office SP3 during an Automatic Update. SP3 kept failing to install due to a file that is missing or on other bootable media (proplus.msi). I don't have the original Office discs with the missing file as I had a hard drive failure last year and the repair center reinstalled XP and Office from their own copies. However it would appear I don't need the Office SP3 update as I'm running Office 2003 and the update was for an earlier version of Office.

Not sure if any of that is even relevant, but I think this system startup entry deleted value message began around the time that I tried to install the Office SP3 update.

Any thoughts on this system startup message? Let me know what else you would need to know about my config, etc.

Thanks!

pgran
2009-03-03, 20:51
PS: I've run full virus (AVG) and Spybot scans and nothing detected other than the never-ending supply of cookies. Thanks.