PDA

View Full Version : Trend Micro and Kaspersky Malware, Reports Hint

RGT_1973
2009-03-05, 23:06
Hi,

I started Spybot today and there was a hint saying that Trend Micro and Kaspersky were now considered Malware. That was surprising since I've heard from a lot of people that recommend one and/or the other product. I have neither one installed, so I don't have a horse in this race.

But what the hint did not offer, and should have, is a source of information to learn more. I could not find any information about this doing a search in these forums.

I hit the hide hint button a little to quickly, but don't see anyway to bring this particular hint back. If the hide, but not permanent, button is pressed, there should be a way to recall the hint. Either from the menu (preferred method) or on the face of the GUI near where the hide button was located.

Could someone please explain further.

Thank you.

drragostea
2009-03-06, 04:23
Both these companies claim to have "incompatibilities" with Spybot-Search&Destroy (lie), yet they cannot even name one.

Greedy men who would reduce the security and protection for the sake of marketing shares and fiance is not security at all.

2009-03-07, 21:01
spybot flags them as malware, see the following thread:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=46109

Hope that helps :bigthumb:

RGT_1973
2009-03-09, 19:57
Howdy,

Thanks for the information. I can't remember if there was a 'more information' link in the hint, but if there wasn't one, there should be one and not just to the ASC.