PDA

View Full Version : spybot needs to remove www.linkshare.com from immunization

kellymich
2009-03-08, 22:15
Hi:

Everytime I use the immunization feature in spybot it disables a site I use for legitimate affliate programs linkshare. www.linksynergy.com . Linkshare is no different than amazon or ebay... and I doubt you would blacklist or disable links to those site.

I can't even log into the site after I run spybot

Linkshare is not a spyware or malware company... it is a legitimate affiliate marketing site which serves up links for companies like office depot and others.

I think that putting it on a blacklist is an error... and also quite irritating. It may be true that some spyware or malware will attempt to redirect a user to purchase through linkshare... but that is no different than redirecting them to purchase something through amazon or ebay... it is not linkshares fault.

I think you guys need to remove linkshare from your black list.

Other than that I love your product... keep up the good work.

drragostea
2009-03-09, 00:36
I have the latest updates for Spybot, running v.1.6.2.46.

I can access the site with no problems. I would suggest that you update your definitions.

kellymich
2009-03-09, 04:07
I have the latest updates for Spybot, running v.1.6.2.46.

I can access the site with no problems. I would suggest that you update your definitions.

Thanks for your reply... I am running the latest version... I removed www.linksynergy.com from the blocked web site list in internet options.

That worked !