PDA

View Full Version : remove corrupted program after system restore.

BennyZars
2009-03-09, 03:03
i want to try the avg free edition. so i uninstall my present anti virus (avira).
after i uninstall avira. i install the avg but it said (detected) i have an anti virus installed/securities. so what i did was i also removed spyblaster and spybot. after removing it. avg still detects anti virus or securities. so i use the ccleaner. but after i clean it. my pc slows down. so i use system restore.

after i use the system restore. avira spybot and spyblaster was restore but corrupted. now heres the problem i cant remove them. when i uninstall them it cant. deleting folders, the same also.

do you know how to remove it?. thanks in advance.

note: i will not remove spybot permanently. i only uninstall it to see if this program was the one that avg detects.

Tom.K
2009-03-09, 14:10
i want to try the avg free edition. so i uninstall my present anti virus (avira).
after i uninstall avira. i install the avg but it said (detected) i have an anti virus installed/securities. so what i did was i also removed spyblaster and spybot. after removing it. avg still detects anti virus or securities.
Reason: Some stuff by your uninstalled anti-virus are still left. They will be removed after reboot. The problem stays until you reboot.

System Restore should have an option to undo a restoration. Try to undo the restoration and install AVG once again.

If it doesn't work, try then to re-install those programs which you have removed for this problem.

BennyZars
2009-03-09, 15:18
thanks tom k. for your help. ^_^

anyway i use the revo uninstaller to remove the corrupted software.