PDA

View Full Version : How to undo Deny? Without Taskbar...

luke2000
2009-03-11, 05:36
As I was trudging through the laborious efforts of bringing a friend's old computer back to life, I (obviously) denied the wrong registry key, something about 'shell' I believe.

The current situation is that there is no taskbar. I have tried many tactics and have learned a few tricks along the way. However, I have eliminated all other variables and have determined it simply must be from my hasty SpyBot commanding.

Point is, I have no taskbar. I have read a million times about right-clicking on the SpyBot Resident, selecting settings, etc, to unblock the deny.

Is there any other known way to do this?
Is there a folder to go to so that I may unblock a process?

Thank you for your time.

\\\\\

If I could start completely anew, I would be perfectly happy, however, seems the uninstall will not undo the changes I made...

And being an ol' timer from the DOS era, I can get around this system sans taskbar, for repair purposes (my friend whom owns the computer, cannot).

PepiMK
2009-03-11, 10:06
You could go ahead, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), kill TeaTimer.exe, open the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\, and delete the folders Snapshots, Snapshots2 and Excludes.

Not sure that can influence the taskbar though. You didn't just set it to minimized so that it would only appear when you move the mouse completely to the border of the window?

luke2000
2009-03-11, 19:51
I will try your suggestion. I appreciate that you we friendly in your response.

The taskbar, I am positive, has more to do with a registry setting than anything else.

I always pre-set the taskbar on the right of the screen, followed by various other adjustments, as I have been doing since 2000 or maybe the long forsaken M/E!!! lol

thanks again!!:euro: