PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.2.46 crashing on update to 1.6.6?

billko
2009-03-12, 01:27
First of all, I think it's pretty cool that there's an auto-search when you enter a new topic (unfortunately it didn't help).

I guess the title says it all.

Bill

drragostea
2009-03-12, 01:47
There is no version 1.6.6. Are you referring to the beta 1.6.3?

PepiMK
2009-03-12, 13:32
Well, the TeaTimer in yesterdays updates is actually 1.6.6.

billko
2009-03-12, 16:07
Sorry, all I saw was a flash of a DOS box that said something about 1.6.6. Didn't know *what* was 1.6.6, just that SOMEthing was. :)

Bill

drragostea
2009-03-13, 03:57
Hello again. Don't worry about it because I had a CMD window too when TeaTimer updated to version 1.6.6.32. If the TeaTimer icon does not appear after the update, a reboot should bring it back.

PepiMK, sorry because I was mixing up the program builds with the TeaTimer builds.

billko
2009-03-13, 19:13
I'm reading my own posts, and I really haven't explained things adequately at all. :oops:

What it seems to do is every time it tries to auto-update (TeaTimer for certain; unkown about other updates because there hasn't been any since 11 March 2009), I get a CTD.

I'll try turning off auto-update, reboot, run SpyBot then manually update to give you more info...

Thanks for your patience!

Bill

billko
2009-03-13, 20:55
Okay, here's what I've tried and (haven't) found out:

Run SpyBot (SSD). Result: Crash*
Re-start (SSD) Result: OK
Disable Auto-Updates
Close SSD
Reboot

Open SSD
Result: Crash*
Re-Start SSD. Result: OK
Change Auto-Start time from 5 minutes to default 3.
Reboot

Run SSD. Result: OK
Reboot

Run SSD. Result: Crash!??*
Disable Auto-Start
Reboot

Run SSD. Result: OK
Reboot

Run SSD. Result: Crash! (CTD)

* These crashes were caught by Visual Studio Debugger and returned this error: Unhandled exception at 0x00501941 in SpybotSD.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc. (The CTD was obviously not handled.)

Conclusion: It doesn't follow any pattern; therefore, it may be something wrong with the OS or conflicting apps, but no new apps were installed prior to crashes. I believe it started happening when SpyBot first gave you the option to clean up files.

I hope this helps!

Bill