PDA

View Full Version : Unable to integrate with Windows Security Center

Mega Tornaconto
2009-03-13, 16:36
Hello, there
I used an old version of Spybot (perhaps 1.5) that was regulary seen in Windows Vista by WSC, listing S&D near Windows Defender and Norton 360 icons.
After updating to version 1.6 I cannot see the presence of S&D in Windows Security Center although I remember to have enabled the option "integration with WSC" during the upgrade to version 1.6.:oops:
Anyway S&D works perfectlly, just I'm asking why WSC is not able to see S&D in its window. The problem exists on two notebook one using Vista Home premium, the other Vista Home Basic.
Is there anybody out there explaining me why does it happens?
Have a beautiful weekend

Live long and prosper

md usa spybot fan
2009-03-14, 20:03
Mega Tornaconto:

In Vista you must elevate the administrator rights in order to install the Spybot-S&D Security Center integration. I believe that the actual program which adds Spybot to the Windows Security Center during the installation is SDWinSec.exe.

Instead of double clicking on the installation program (spybotsd162.exe), right click on it and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.

te6jtig
2009-12-20, 09:55
In Vista you must elevate the administrator rights in order to install the Spybot-S&D Security Center integration. I believe that the actual program which adds Spybot to the Windows Security Center during the installation is SDWinSec.exe.

Instead of double clicking on the installation program (spybotsd162.exe), right click on it and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
I'm having a similar problem to the OP. I just installed SB1.6.2 on a newly built PC and it didn't integrate with security center.
I ran the installation in administrative mode but no joy.
How can I integrate it?
The PC is running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Edit: I just noticed this is in the beta section, if I posted in the wrong place I appologise but would still appreciate an answer.