PDA

View Full Version : Immunize not complete

Alann1
2009-03-17, 07:38
Hi,
I've been using the immunize feature in Spybot for years, but in the last two versions, it won't immunize some of the directories in my computer. I've tried it from a restricted user account, an administrator account, in safe mode in the administrator account. I have over 100,000 entries that are showing not-protected. I just updated to the most recent version of Spybot today. Any thoughts on what I can do to make this work? I did not install TeaTimer and I don't want it, but I do want the other features.

XP-SP3 / Avir / Comodo

Thanks.
Alann1

spybotsandra
2009-03-17, 13:10
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

md usa spybot fan
2009-03-17, 14:04
Alann1:

See if the following pinned ("Sticky") thread helps:

Various reasons for incomplete immunization
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=36272

If that thread does not help, please indicate specifically which categories (profiles) of immunization have unprotected items. i.e. Internal Explorer (32 bit) – \SOFTWARE (Cookies), Windows Global - (Hosts), etc.

Alann1
2009-03-26, 21:38
Thanks. I haven't figured it out yet. Could be my browsers, but it would have to be both of them. About half the items are 0 protected and the other half, are about 1/3 protected.

I have Spybot 1.6.2
Firefox 2.0.0.20
Internet Explorer 6 SP3
Comodo Firewall 3.8.65951.477

Alann1
2009-03-30, 22:31
Still looking for the answer to this. I went to FF 3.0. The rest of my software seems to be up-to-date. I'm enclosing a screen shot of what is not protected. None of the FF items are protected. I'm having the same problem with Spyware Blaster. I've scanned the computer thoroughly for malware and it comes up clean with everything, so it seems possible it's a settings problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Alenz

Sorry, the attachment doesn't look right. It should be a png picture and not jpg, but when I upload it, it switches to jpg. As png, it is screen size and clear, but not readable this way. What can I do about that?

spybotsandra
2009-03-31, 10:11
Hello,

Did you closed the browser while immunizing?
Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again?
Have you also used the "Check again" function from the menu bar above?
Are you logged in as admin or as user with admin rights?
Do you have other user accounts on your pc?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Alann1
2009-04-01, 09:36
Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again?

Oh Happy Day!! :yahoo:

This worked! It took quite awhile to reload them, but it worked! And I tried the same thing with Spyware Blaster and it allowed me to enable all protection there also which had been giving me the same problem.

Thanks so much!
Alann1