PDA

View Full Version : bot info

ddude
2006-05-26, 05:59
The longer I have my computer the more crap has to be scanned when spybot runs a scan.

The stuff is all clean but I would like to get rid of it - I really do not need any wwwcoolsearch or xxxdialer bots on my computer.

Could someone explain where the stuff is on my hard drive so I can look at getting rid of it. When I got the computer none of this crap was onboard.

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-26, 06:45
When you do a "Check for problems" are you:
Actually detecting problems which would be listed under "Problem" in the right hand pane of the screen?

--- or ---

Are you talking about the names in the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen that changes continually during a scan?

If a, please provide a list of the problems you are getting: Run another "Check for problems" followed by a "Fix selected problems".
When the scan/fix completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste those results to a new post in this thread.
If b, be aware that during the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
"Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
xxxxx = Current check count.
yyyyy = Total check count.
zzzzz = Malware being checked for
The zzzzz value is not what is on your system it is the malware that is being scan for.

Zenobia
2006-05-26, 06:50
The stuff is all clean but I would like to get rid of it - I really do not need any wwwcoolsearch or xxxdialer bots on my computer.

Are these things being found by Spybot,after you do a scan?They'd be listed in red.
Or are you seeing things like wwwcoolwebsearch and xxxdialer in the lower left corner when Spybot is scanning,next to running bot-check?

Zenobia
2006-05-26, 06:51
Yeah,what he said. :laugh:

ddude
2006-05-26, 16:38
"Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
xxxxx = Current check count.
yyyyy = Total check count.
zzzzz = Malware being checked for
The zzzzz value is not what is on your system it is the malware that is being scan for.[/QUOTE]

case B.

So if I understand correctly, the stuff counting by in the lower left hand corner is NOT what is on my computer, but a list of the stuff spybot is searching for.

btw, my scan comes up clean - nothing in red. I was concerned that the stuff I was seeing inthe lower right hand corner was on my computer and had been de-activated but still clogged memory or something like that.

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-26, 16:40
So if I understand correctly, the stuff counting by in the lower left hand corner is NOT what is on my computer, but a list of the stuff spybot is searching for.
Correct!