PDA

View Full Version : !!!TeaTimer takes more than 80 MB of RAM!!!

hnyaji
2009-03-20, 14:13
Hi
TeaTimer takes more than 80 MB of RAM on my system, on both Vista (32) and XP (64)! I tried reinstalling with the new version, but no joy! Is this program, really supposed to take, this much of RAM?
Hemanth

Matt
2009-03-20, 14:29
Hi Hemanth,

I use Windows XP. TeaTimer needs at the moment 79MB here... ;)

hnyaji
2009-03-20, 15:39
Hi
This is damn tooooooooooo much for an anti-spyware application! I installed SuperAntispyware Pro now which takes just around 700 KB!
wishes

Matt
2009-03-20, 15:49
Hi Hemanth,

It is much, yes... :sad: Spybot 2.0 will take less RAM. :)

hnyaji
2009-03-20, 16:36
Hi
please give me a download link for Spybot 2.0
thanks

2009-03-20, 18:44
is not available yet. So we cannot offer a link to it. It is a upcoming version.

If teatimer is being too heavy on your resources, you can always disable it. Please note; however, that you will loose the protection teatimer offers.

To disable teatimer:

Open Spybot>click mode-Advanced Mode-Click yes>Click tools on the bottom left pane.>Click Resident> Then uncheck teatimer, protection over all systems active. Close spybot and restart. Teatimer is no longer active.

hnyaji
2009-03-20, 18:58
Hi
if I shut teatimer down would my system be still immunised?
What is the point in keeping an antispyware application that is this much memory hungryyyy!!!

Matt
2009-03-20, 19:10
Hi hnyaji,

if I shut teatimer down would my system be still immunised?

If you shut TeaTimer, your browsers (IE & FF) are still immunised, but your registry won't be protected any longer against changes.

What is the point in keeping an antispyware application that is this much memory hungryyyy!!!

friendly forum helper :)
Spybot is a very good Anti-Malware tool
You can dis-able TeaTimer if you have SuperAntiSpyware Professional Edition and think that this tool will protect you.

hnyaji
2009-03-20, 19:52
Hi
what does immunisation actually offer?

Matt
2009-03-20, 20:26
Hi hnyaji,

I would like you to read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/index.html),

especially What is the immunization feature and what are the other permanent protection options? (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/50.html).

More information:
How Spybot-S&D protects against the installation of Spyware/Malware (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281)

drragostea
2009-03-21, 03:24
Well, if one Resident Shield from an anti-spyware program consumed this much amount of memory, and then there was a rule that all other anti-spyware Resident Shields had to restrict their Resident Shield's memory usage to that amount, it wouldn't be very fun would it since it might mean a drastic reduction in program functionality and potential.

I'm sure 80MB shouldn't be a problem since you have Windows Vista, which usually provides you with at least 1-4 GBs of RAM. I have 512MB of RAM on Windows XP and TeaTimer runs with no problems. Don't see how it may be a problem with Vista.

aabhat
2009-09-25, 11:31
The Tea-Timer RAM usage on my computer is way above the values the other have reported here..
It is freaking 113 MB and I only have 1 GB RAM, the firefox eats one third of that already!

spybotsandra
2009-09-25, 11:35
Hello,

When the computer is running for a long time without a standby, reboot, or shutdown memory consumption of a (refers to any) can slightly increase.

It's taking that much because TeaTimer is a Resident Shield that actively protects you from malware. I would suggest you reboot and see how it goes. Usually TeaTimer will take up 35-50MB of RAM. Seeing that modern PCs built today have more RAM and resources, 80MB should be nothing.

If this does not help you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot