drragostea
2009-03-22, 00:39
What Operating System are you running?

Moxieblue7
2009-03-22, 04:29
I'm running Windows XP

drragostea
2009-03-22, 17:27
Is there a Spybot icon on your desktop and can you find Spybot in the Add/Remove Programs window? Is this an Administrator account?

Moxieblue7
2009-03-23, 00:56
Yes its an Administrator account. There isn't a spybot icon on my desktop and I also can't see it on add/remove programs window. As I start installing this program, it has problem installing files so I have to say ignore instead of retrying to download them again. After the installation, that error I talk about comes up.

spybotsandra
2009-03-23, 12:41
Hello,

This is a common error code seen in our software. Although it is a common Windows error code, it's not really an error so much as an administrative access issue. Spybot requires that you have administrative rights over the machine upon which you install them.

So are you logged in as admin? Or are you logged in as user with admin rights? Do you have the rights to install anything on your pc?
Does your system have more than one administrator and did you try to install it on your system administrator account?

It might also help if you disable the update feature during the installation in the wizard. Just untick the checkbox in front of "download updates during installation" or "Download Updates immediately". The updates can be downloaded later on.

This item has also been discussed in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1392

Or did you use an old version of Spybot before, that you did not uninstall? Probably you tried to upgrade via update?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot