PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about a Spybot S&D report, Questionable registry settings

RknRusty
2009-03-24, 02:54
This is a Home desktop computer with one user running Windows XP Home SP3.

I was preparing to run a weekly system backup when I turned up a couple of questions. Below, I have pasted two findings by Spybot S&D. The first, from what I read, is probably set by Norton Internet Security 2009 to prevent duplicate warning messages. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

The second message is of more concern, as I have not been able to find out what it means. Can anyone enlighten me.
Thanks,
Rusty

--- Search result list ---

1.) Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled: [SBI $2E20C9A9] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc\Start

2.) Microsoft.Windows.System: [SBI $D76BD47D] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4121725528-3851104800-851952755-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoTrayItemsDisplay [is not]W=0

RknRusty
2009-03-24, 04:20
No reply necessary. Found information and determined there is no problem.

somecrazystuff
2009-03-25, 20:12
No reply necessary. Found information and determined there is no problem.

Please post info or source.. I just had the same entry come up and would like to do some reading on it.

Thanks!

Edit.. Meh Never mind.. I right clicked on the entry and selected jump to location and then relized this was part of the changes I made with TweakUI Powertoy. Should have known that from its name...