PDA

View Full Version : immunization lists

anctop
2009-03-24, 03:35
Hi,

My copy of Spybot works fine so far. I'm just curious about where the immunization lists are kept.
While some of them are stored in files (e.g. those for Firefox, and the global "hosts") and some are registry entries (those for I.E.), however it is not clear about the list "\SOFTWARE (Plugins)" for I.E.
It seems to be registry entries somewhere under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", but I can't find the exact location.
Could someone answer this question ?

Best regards,
anctop

PepiMK
2009-03-24, 16:40
It always depends on where browsers expect them ;)

For IE, take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\, or the similar path on each user profile.

anctop
2009-03-25, 01:20
Thank you for your information, but I have already done so before posting this thread.

I learn that the lists "\SOFTWARE (Cookies,Domains,IPs)" are in "P3P\History", "ZoneMap\Domains" and "ZoneMap\Ranges" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings".

However, I can't find the entries for "\SOFTWARE (Plugins)". Since there is no "Plugins" list for individual users, this should be a global one and should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings". Could you indicate the exact location ?

md usa spybot fan
2009-03-25, 11:45
anctop:

For Windows Internet Explorer the entries for "Plugins" are located here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility
See the following article:
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 240797
How to Stop an ActiveX Control from Running in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=240797

anctop
2009-03-26, 00:58
Thank you very much for the answer.