PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm a newbee in this site!

UNLISTED
2009-03-25, 23:22
Hi everyone I didn't know where to introduce my self, so it goes...

I have been using Spybot for a couple of yrs now and it's great.

And just wanted to say also that I have experienced having my pc being infected by Virtumonde Virus. So I sympathize those who have the problem, it's not easy to get rid of it. I got tired and I reinstalled XP and that was it.

And now I use NOD32 ESET Smart Security ver.3 cost like 40-50$ with firewall included and ever since I use it it has detected Virtumonde and block it.

I was using NOD32 2.5 before and it didn't detect it but now it's up to date.

So there you go this is a parcel of what I have learned over the yrs but still learning all the time. And that's why I joined this site. So I hope my sharing helped someone...

Take care :D:

drragostea
2009-03-25, 23:42
Hello and a warm :welcome: to you from SaferNetworking Forums.

We're glad to have another member to the community. Enjoy your stay.

slothmaster1
2009-03-27, 04:04
Hey! Welcome!

ssuperdave
2009-03-27, 16:25
Hi unlisted .. im new here myself .. and wanted to take a sec and thank every one for helping the new guy out .. new to the pc world .. Im 41 and this is my first pc .. geeezzz .. I remember when atari came out .. how the world has chang'ed ..

tashi
2009-03-27, 18:43
:welcome: ssuperdave!

ssuperdave
2009-03-27, 19:17
thank you tashi .. :) .. have a good day ...

chewdz
2009-03-28, 13:06
We're glad to have another member to the community. Enjoy your stay.

Agreed!! Welcome!! :laugh:

firemanbill
2009-03-29, 00:40
Hi Unlisted & Ssuperdave, I’ve been visiting these forums for just over a year now.
I joined when my computer became infected by a Virtumonde Virus.
Blade81 talked me through the fix very patiently as I’m a Firefighter who’s a bit thick when it comes to IT. When my comp was clean I felt a great sense of achievement.:2thumb: Then my wife popped my bubble and pointed out that I was just following instructions.:red:
Even so, I have continued to visit and had advice and info from Tashi, Shaba etc. and joined in the Word Games.
The team and helpers here cannot be praised enough in my mind as they unselfishly give their time to help us.:welcome:

ssuperdave
2009-03-30, 00:02
Thank's Firemanbill and Chewd'z
for the Welcome ..

UNLISTED
2009-03-30, 00:22
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your welcome greeting, much appreciated :)

But I think I have ticked off someone by giving my opinion on a post I put up on this site not long after I joined and now my privileges seem to be limited because of that and now I don't know what to do anymore...

:oops: I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone.

Because I know I could help someone...

UNLISTED
2009-03-30, 00:52
P.S. I read the forum rules and most of these post's http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Thanks.

tashi
2009-03-30, 05:06
Hi everyone,

But I think I have ticked off someone by giving my opinion on a post I put up on this site not long after I joined and now my privileges seem to be limited because of that and now I don't know what to do anymore...

I'm seeing three posts, all in this topic. ;)

I haven't found any reason for you not to be able to post outside the Tavern. :scratch:

Which other forum were you trying to post in?

Best regards.

chewdz
2009-03-30, 11:31
Thank's Firemanbill and Chewd'z
for the Welcome ..

You are welcome!! :laugh:

UNLISTED
2009-03-30, 23:16
Hi everyone,

Finally now I understand why I was having trouble accessing this site...

If I had known before hand that Anonymousspeech.com was band in here well it would have been less frustrating to begin with. My suggestion to the forum moderator is maybe to make the settings at the Sing up so that, that email is refused to begin with because it was frustrating for me after I singed up all the blocks I went through.

But I am impressed for the security that this site manages, because I am also a freak and specialize in Privacy and Internet security not a Spammer... I avoid those %?&@*! their such a nuisance to everyone. So Thanks for being prudent...

So Anyhooo.. I hope I can be of some help to some ppl in here!!

:bigthumb:

tashi
2009-03-31, 02:00
Hello UNLISTED,

Which other forum were you trying to post in?

Are you able to post in another forum? :)

Best regards.

UNLISTED
2009-04-02, 18:58
Hi everyone,

Hello UNLISTED,

Are you able to post in another forum? :)

Best regards.

Yes Tashi it's all good now it was the fact that I was using Anonymousspeech that it trigered to limit my accesses to the network.

Thx for your support...............!