PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior since last program update?

LOVESANDD
2009-03-28, 15:45
Hi folks, new here, if I goof forgive please . .. . (Sorry need to edit in, the computers mentioned here are both running Win XP Service pack 3.)
S & D has been our computers savior for some time and we feel we know the program somewhat well? So we were confused when these new errors began after the most recent program update. (Running Version 1.6.2.46 with latest detections 3/25/2009, the problems exsisted with the prior detections as well.) If anyone can spot something from what I tell you, please let me know. At first it was not a big deal, but today some icons turned to the MS default icon and when clicked the programs were not to be found. When Windows restarts once the desktop appears it takes a long time for everything to get in place, appear and settle down.
The troubles began right after installing the latest version of S & D and even though it doesn’t tell you to, we always do a restart after install. Upon the first restart the image below shows what pops on the screen. Now that file pops up on every restart. After that, an icon for “Show desktop” in the taskbar turned into Windows default icon for unknown program. Not even considering it to be SpyBot, we went and updated another computer. Then we knew something was up, as the same thing happened to it. Except the second one had the file below popup and also began having blue screen errors. Later, the first computer started the blue screen errors. I guess it could be coincidence, but thought I would check to see if anyone else might be having a similar issue since the latest program update. Any help would be exciting! As I said, not sure if even related but here is what one of the errors looked like. This is one error, others are slightly differant but in general the same type?
Error Report Contents

C:\DOCUME~1\KIM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc0a6.dir00\Mini031009-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\KIM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc0a6.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 14B9AC50 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : BA328A3F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

AFTER BLUE SCREEN ERROR

Spybot file pops up at start of XP
Spybot-search and Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed
System Startup Global Entry Value Added
Entry SpybotDeletingA9268
Commmand.com/c del "C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt"

Spybot DeletingC9265
cmd.exe /c del "C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt"

Thanks for any help have a great day...

drragostea
2009-03-28, 20:01
Ouch, sorry to hear about your troubles.
Are your computers both protected with anti-virus software?
What version of Spybot-Search&Destroy are you running (Help>About)?

For the prompt you received (Spybotdeleting...), this means that Spybot has attempted to remove a malicious threat but was not successful because the problem was either using a locked file or is in use in the memory. So you should allow those prompts. In addition the prompts you get are from Spybot's Resident Shield: TeaTimer. It monitors critical registry changes and alerts you if a change was made. I would suggest that if you are not so familiar with it and do not know how to use it, disable it for the time being so it'll not cause futher confusion.

LOVESANDD
2009-03-28, 21:20
Yes I understood the deleting thing I often allow or deny SpyBot to do those whenever they arrive through Tea Timer. (depending on what thy are) In eight years and several computers I have never needed or used any other program but SpyBot. It and Tea Timer has always caught everything, and the rest have proven to be serious resource hogs. Um, I already posted the version . .. (Running Version 1.6.2.46 with latest detections 3/25/2009the problems existed with the prior detections as well.)
I guess my real question that I have been unable to locate in the forums is, is anyone having similar problems with this latest version? Because I have never had any problem until immediately after I installed 1.6.2.46? On both computers, right after install and restart that screenshot began to happen and then slow startup and other minor wierd things. But thanks, I'll check my registry for possible problems if no one is having an issue?